Grade 6 Writative Writers!

All Things Writing: Sentences, Stories, Poems…

Horseback riding stories By Ansley B

January15

Horseback Riding stories

By Ansley Brosseau

Horse Jumping 

Jumping is definitely one of the most awesome things about horseback riding, in my opinion. I just started jumping, and it’s amazing! But it can be pretty dangerous. One time there was this really advanced rider, and she was preparing for her jump. The horse kicked the dirt and flew off and did the jump. She jumped the jump. Her horse jumped and started bucking her off. The horse was bucking extremely high. His mane was flying in the air. Trying to hold on as tight as she could, her hand slipped, and the rider fell to the ground. Dust clouded the air as she fell straight down but didn’t injure herself, gladly.  It’s been almost two years, and I still remember that frightening moment. That’s why I like jumping, not getting bucked off part, but because it’s a fun and scary challenge

Pole course 

This was the most horrific moment of horseback riding I’ve gone through. In my lesson, we were about to do a pole course. (a pole course is where you jump over poles in a certain order) and my teacher just told us what to do on the pole course. Usually, we trot over poles but instead this time we cantered the last pole. The last person was going and she did the pole course great and she was about to canter. The horse she was riding was named Brando. She started kicking to get Brando to move, then when she was cantering she was in a weird position. You’re usually supposed to lean forward but not to forward and she was leaning really forward. The horse got frightened and was like what is on my back. Brando started bucking. It was spinning around multiple times. Eventually, she lost her balance and fell off

My teacher said in a very serious voice “Let’s try to get on again and just trot not canter”

But the girl didn’t hear my teacher so she started cantering. She did a very nice canter but the girl did the same position. Brando bucked her off again except it wasn’t as bad as the other one. He just did high jumps and she fell off. I was so thrilled to see her get bucked off a 2nd time because usually when you get bucked off a horse you don’t get bucked off again. 

This is Brando you might think he’s mean but he’s actually really sweet

The trail ride 

I did horse camp every summer at the stables but obviously not this summer because of COVID-19 and I probably wouldn’t have done it anyway but I’d probably have been a helper that helps around the camp. At summer camp we always go on a trail ride by the beach and it’s sooooo fun and relaxing. I rode this horse named Shorty. But he isn’t short, he’s pretty big. On the way back my sister was in front of me riding this horse named Misty. Misty always starts horse fights she always has her ears back which means she’s always mad. She also tries to bite the other horses too. She lives with 3 other horses in a big stall. The other horses’ names are cowboy and walle. So one time I fed Walle a carrot and Misty got jealous and started chasing and biting Walle. That’s how mean she is. But she’s nice to people which is good. So when we were heading back to the stables Misty got in a fight with Shorty and started bucking at each other and screaming at each other but it wasn’t high or else I and my sister would have fallen on the concrete which would have been bad. They didn’t do big jumps when they were bucking they did little jumps but oh misty got mad. The reason why Misty started bucking was that she doesn’t like horses or Shorty got too close to Misty. It was fun getting bucked in the air for some reason.This is Misty                         This is Cowboy

This is Walle

Cantering

Cantering is also one of the best things about horseback riding. Cantering is running for us. The reason why I love cantering is that you get to go fast. In this story luckily no one got hurt. There was a girl who was on a horse named Danny. She was getting ready to canter and she cantered for a few seconds and then Danny got spooked by something and took off running and he almost started galloping and you usually can’t gallop in an arena because the arena is usually too small. The girl that was riding Danny had lost her balance and fell off a Danny. Danny started cantering without her because she fell off. It’s very dangerous for a horse to start cantering without the rider because they could hurt themselves, start chasing other horses, bucking, so it’s really dangerous but he didn’t do anything except cantering around the arena to be with the other horses. The girl fell off but she didn’t get hurt. She just got really muddy. When she fell off she didn’t want to go back on Danny but my teacher made her or else she probably would have quit. The girl and Danny were both alright. 

This is Danny (he was just eating food and he can be messy when he eats)

Ansley B.

Ansley loves to horseback ride and has been doing it for 4 years. She started jumping a few months ago and loves it. She recently started riding on a completely different horse than she was riding for 3 years. Luckily Ansley has never fallen or has gotten bucked off a horse.

print

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar