Grade 6 Writative Writers!

All Things Writing: Sentences, Stories, Poems…

The Outbreak Jasper B

January22

The Outbreak

My friend, my parents, and I went camping in the woods for spring break, but when we came back, we were the only ones that weren’t infected. 

Chapter 1

“RING” went the bell.

“Hi Nick, hi Asher,” my parents said to my friend and me. “Are you ready to go camping for a week?” 

“Yeah!” We both answered in unison. 

Once we got to the campgrounds, we set up the tent and got to know the area. There was a lake about 1 kilometer away from the camp, but other than that, there were just trees.

“Ok,” my dad said, once we were all back to camp, and it was dark.“Who’s ready to roast some marshmallows over the campfire?” my dad asked.

“I am!” I said.”

“Me too!” Asher said. We had s’ mores and went to bed. We were all woken up by a grunting sound. When we woke up the next morning, we all discussed what we thought the noise was last night, and we all thought that the grunting noise was made by a bear. 

After we were all done camping, we went back home.

Chapter 2

Once we got back home, we were all frozen in place, trembling.

“Oh my gosh,” my dad muttered, “This is crazy.” I thought to myself, “There are zombies everywhere.” We live on the corner closest to the woods, so the zombies didn’t see us sneaking into our house. “When did this start, how did this start?” I had so many questions. 

“Ok, everyone stay calm,” my dad whispered. “We have to get food and water, then go to our cabin in the woods.” We camped across the lake from our cabin.

After we were done packing all of the necessities, we snuck out of our house and went to the cabin. When we got to the cabin, we turned on the TV and looked at the news. It said that there was a safe place called Halo City, where there was a barrier that turned zombies to dust if they touched it, but humans could walk right through the barrier without getting vaporized. 

“Ok everyone,” my dad said, “We’re going to Halo City.” 

Chapter 3

After we got done packing our bags to get ready to go to Halo City, a zombie came up behind Asher and was stabbed by my dad but not before the zombie bit Asher on the shoulder! 

“AAAAHHH!!!” Asher screamed out 

“ASHER!” I yelled. One of his eyes turned black then he stopped yelling and stood up and said “I think that I’m ok. It just scared me.” We all backed away from him.

“Your eye is black,” I told him.

“What?” He asked.

“Your eye is black,” I repeated. “But only one eye.” A little while earlier, we noticed that all zombies have black eyes. Asher looked confused.

“But I thought that I could only have either normal eyes or two black eyes,” Asher said, obviously confused.

“Well, we’ll keep an eye on it until we reach Halo City,” My dad said, and you should also wear this eyepatch. Asher slowly nodded his head. On the way to Halo City, we had to kill a lot of zombies to stay alive. But when we got to Halo City, we knew it was all worth it. 

“Hey, you!” Someone called out. “Lookout! There is a zombie behind you!” The man called out. My mom turned around just in time to see and kill the zombie. I looked for the man who called out to us and saw him on top of a hill. I told my parents and Asher about the person, and we all went there together. After we thanked him for warning us, we asked why he was just standing there. 

“This is Halo City,” the man said.

“But, where is the barrier?” I asked

“It’s invisible,” the man said. “Cool,” I thought to myself.

“I am going to need you to go to Doctor Phillip to make sure that you are safe. I’m Jake, by the way,” Jake said. We passed through the barrier without feeling anything. 

Once we got to doctor Phillip, my family was fine, but the doctor asked Asher to take off his eyepatch just to be safe.

“Don’t panic when you see this,” Asher said nervously. Phillip nodded.

“How is that possible?” Phillip muttered. Asher shrugged uncomfortably. “We need to take a blood sample.” After we got the blood draw done, we were told to come back in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, we were told that when Asher’s blood touched vinegar, it turned into a mist and could turn zombies back into people. We were all amazed by the discovery. But the excitement was short-lived after we were told that we had to go to the middle of the country to set off a bomb that would release the mist across the entire country and would turn all the zombies back into people. I was the only one left when I got to the location where I was supposed to plant the bomb. Everyone else was turned into a zombie. After I started the bomb, it said it would go off in one minute.

After the bomb went off, I went back to Halo City and found my parents and Asher waiting there. Everyone broke out into cheers when they saw me. 

“Good job!” My parents said as they hugged me.

After that, there were no more zombies, and I would be remembered forever.

print

by posted under Creative Writing | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar