Grade 6 Writative Writers!

All Things Writing: Sentences, Stories, Poems…

The New Kid by Shelby

February11

The clouds were just beginning to snuff out the sun when the bus stopped at my school. Everything was as it should be, most were half-awake and shuffling along like mindless zombies, but the kids who could afford it were hiding the dark circles under their eyes with a face full of makeup. I got off of the bus that smelled better than you thought but worse than what you would hope for and stepped into the hoard. As I was pushed through the crowd I heard a deep voice bellow “Watch it loser,” from somewhere in front of me. “Learn to walk you, big oaf,” said a much higher voice. I rolled my eyes and pushed through the hoard of loud children jeering and laughing, just in time to see my idiot cousin, Brandon, get punched in the face. As soon as Brad hit the ground he got back up bursting with adrenaline and yelled “Is that all you got?” and prepared to charge. This is when I decided to interject. “Time to go I said as I grabbed his over-sized T-shirt by the collar and dragged him to the school entrance. I heard a few Boos from the people that we’re watching and a confused giant saying “Hey- where’d he go?”. I rolled my eyes again. Of course, Brandon decided to pick a fight with a guy held back four times. “I had that guy on the ropes, why did you stop me?” asked Brandon “Because you would be swinging from a rope if you mess around with those idiots,” I said back as I dragged him to our homeroom classroom. “I can walk Jaquelin!” He said to me 

print
One Comment to

“The New Kid by Shelby”

1. February 11th, 2021 at 11:09 pm      Reply coletted27 Says:

Bravo. Eccellent writing it is very descriptive and very intriguing.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar