Grade 6 Writative Writers!

All Things Writing: Sentences, Stories, Poems…

A Story By: Karen B

March19

You could hear the droplets splat on the floor as rain poured on my head. I was eating muffins when I started to hear clicking on the floor instead of the droplets splashing on the floor. 

A woman who looked about the same age as me came to the bench I was sitting on. She looked at the bench and then sat down across from me. 

She took out her lunch and then looked up and waved at me. I was surprised she had only just realized I was there, the bag I had my muffin in was very loud. I waved back at her and smiled. I spoke, but she didn’t hear me?  I kept repeating myself louder and louder each time until I realized she was deaf. She saw my mouth moving and signed for me to wait a moment. 

She went in her bag and pulled out what looked like a broken hearing aid. She put it in her and took off her mask and that is when I realized….

She was the girl I bullied in elementary school. I broke her hearing aids each time I saw them.

I took off my mask and that is when she realized who I was too. She dropped her lunch and ran. 

I grabbed the bag and looked in it, all it had was an apple that looked like it had been sitting out for days, it looked gloomy and frightful. She had a very slim figure and only had an apple for lunch. 

I figured she might want some real food.  

I only lived three blocks away so I walked home and made food for her. I cooked scrambled, rice, a few potstickers, and teriyaki chicken. 

I shoved it all in a bag and ran over to the bench as fast as I could, I kept going straight from there because that is the way she went when she ran away.

I ran as hard as I could when I spotted her glowing blue hair waving in the wind.

print

by posted under Creative Writing | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar